Currently building OrbitDB, “a scalable and trustless peer-to-peer database, and database protocols for a global data layer to re-decentralize the web.”
Market opportunity/Competitive analysis
Hard to tell at this stage.
- Samuli Pöyhtäri: CEO, software engineer background
Juuso Räsänen: Biz Dev
- Eden Dhaliwal, Board Director, tokenomics
- MBA at Univ. of Toronto; examines token economies and business models of web 3.0 and convergence (blockchain + AI, IoT, etc) companies for investment as partner at Outlier Ventures
- Outlier Ventures
- Polychain Capital
- Creathor Ventures
Hard to tell at this stage since it’s pre-tokenomics
Tokenomics and Token Utility
- N/A (Seed round, no tokenomics)
All the open issues on Github seem to be from active users of the project. The frequency of new issues is pretty high, and all the issues older than 2 weeks ago have productive discussion. Clearly a very active project with a large dev community.
- Note: neither Haad nor Ziegelmayer are listed as team members on Linkedin.
- Project has continuous integration set up, running these tests. They look fairly comprehensive, testing replication and stress. This shows that this isn’t some project that was just hacked together.
- Because this project has genuine community support/usage and solid experience indicators already (eg. the proven contributors, the comprehensive testing, the comprehensive READMEs), a deeper dive into the code has diminishing returns on the usefulness of this evaluation.
Team members githubs
- I couldn’t find any official team member contributions to open-source projects. Hopefully Haad and Friedel Ziegelmayer (mentioned above) are on the team / will join the team full time!